Tech Support Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
" Your C: drive probably didn't need to be shrunk because most Clone programs can copy a larger drive to a smaller one as long as the larger drive doesn't exceed the smaller one."
What does this mean?

Right? If "larger" "exceeds" "smaller" then how can it be called "larger"?

exceed: to be greater than

large: exceeding most other things of like kind especially in quantity or size

small: comparatively little size​

Okay, now my brain hurts. Need more coffee.

;)

Clone programs can copy a larger drive to a smaller one as long as the larger drive doesn't exceed the smaller one."
What does this mean?
it should have read that As Long as the Used Space on the Larger drive doesn't exceed the Free Space of the smaller drive. it should clone, but not all Free Clone programs do this (ie) if the Used Space on the large 1TB HDD is 300 GB you can clone it to a 500 GB SSD.

Many Clone or Image programs offer the option to create a bootable USB Rescue Flash drive with the Clone software on it. Do this first. Your C: drive probably didn't need to be shrunk because most Clone programs can copy a larger drive to a smaller one as long as the larger drive doesn't exceed the smaller one.

Boot from your Rescue Flash drive and choose Clone from your Clone program. The whole HDD, including hidden partitions, should be Cloned, not just the C: partition. Then you will choose where to clone it to, which is usually a new SSD or Target drive, and start it.

You need to make sure your hard drive and Windows are in good shape before you begin. After the update completed, remove the old HDD, put the SSD in its place, and start the computer. You should be able to boot normally and see all your files

I hope it helps
Thanks
Thanks for sharing your point of view i really like it and especially the Boot for the clone program are really amazing

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.