Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a new sata hd on my computer my motherboard has got 2 sata sockets i plug into the 1 socket.. the bios comfirms that the hard disk is present when windows xp launches.. the hard drive does not appear in computer window with my other hard drives??? but if i go to devices i can find it there and also use the via raid tool it also list it.. where have i gone wrong or where has it gone wrong????

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
hello panzer :wave:

first off you dont want to use any raid software or raid sata ports unless you are trying to deliberately set up a raid array ????

you should be able to use the drive fine if connected to the motherboards onboard sata controller / just like your other sata drive is ????

you will however; need to format the drive before it will be visible within "my computer"

I advise you use the download drive "set-up" software for yoru samsung drive, this is available for download at the sumsung website for free

or you can use windows disk managment (other method above has benefits I wont get into unless you request same)
here is how to access DM
http://www.techsupportforum.com/har...ks/127307-how-access-use-disk-management.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx

hi joe thx for you help i have done it now... i was pulling my hair out for a bit...thx again...
kind regards
david:wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.