Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble playing videos on my computer.Everytime I try to play them the screen is blank.It says that it is playing,but I get a blank screen with a little box in it.In the little box there is a red square,a green circle,and a blue triangle.This symbol also appears for advertisements on most of the sites I go to.Also when I try to play videos.A security box appears and says that this site contains secure and non secure items do you want to proceed.When I click yes it still doesn't play.

I haven't been able to find any help with regards to why this is happening.I don't recall ever changing any of my settings.It kind of just happened.Can anyone shed some light as to why this can be happening???Any help would be appreciated???With my limited knowledge I am all out of ideas...

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Have you updated your codecs lately? New formats and updates are made all the time and old types quickly disappear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't,and I'm really not sure where to begin to be honest.What would you recommend?How would I proceed to update them??Thank You for responding

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grove4Life said:
I recommend you download the Ace Mega Codec Pack

Has everything you need.

Have a fun and computing day,
Grove :cool:
I donwloaded what you recommnended.Thank you by the way,and I the same thing is happening.I'm not able to get videos still.Any other ideas?Can it be something that was downloaded?The last thing that was downloaded was Ragnarok by my g-friends son.This problem seems to have begun after that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grove4Life said:
Try Playing the Video in the VLC Player
What my messages keep saying is that my computer doesn't support these types of files.The files for the videos are called FLV files.That's what the videos are.My computer will not play them.From the website or even by me saving them,and playing them as you say.Any help would be much obliged...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grove4Life said:
Never used .FLV files before but there's a first for everything.

Try this program:

FLV Player

Thank You Grove for the link.It has allowed me to view the videos.The whole thing about it is that I have to open them.Which takes forever.Especially since up to a few days ago I was able to click onto the video itself,and have it play with no problems.I'm wondering if it has something to do with a security setting on my computer was turned off,or on for that matter.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sorry but that is it for my knowledge. I cannot help you further.

I reckon the process of why it takes so long would possibly be due to the indexing of the video and audio frames. Depending on how big the file is. That is an educated guess.

That's as far as I can help you. :sayno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe .flv is Macromedia Flash video files, something that at the moment isnt in great use even within the VJ community. If your looking for a program to confirm which codec a movie file is using then have a look for GSPOT (it aint that hard to find no matter what my mrs says! - sorry about that!). It will tell you what video and audio codec it requires, will tell you if you have any compatable codecs installed and can scan the movie files to check for any faults in them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.