Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going crazy just reinstalled again it keeps freezing and not letting me open e-mails after first page. What have I done wrong? Could it be due to Norton settings?(never used them before) Please be patient with me thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Good Morning Ann...................:D

I am curious as to whether the machine ran fine before you installed Norton?

Are you using Norton SystemWorks?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
having to reboot a lot

well it is along story but the short version.new machine after it was installed on first restart showed errors and closed down was told to reboot did that. seemed ok. could not get into e-mails further than first page help line said I should be happy with that but I was not so was doing it by copying link to msn then going further but then it started freezing again rebooted last night and still having lots of bother . on laptop just now it is xp as well abd having the same bother with that. so it must be something I am doing but what
Can you throw ant light on it

S

·
0 Posts
Did it come preinstalled or did you install it?

How old are these machines?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
having to reboot a lot

yes they came set up Laptop got July pc 2 weeks but when they were set up I dont know ,if you could tell me where to look I will. Used reboot floppy and disk that came with both.

S

·
0 Posts
What I meant was did Nortons come all set up on your computers or did you install it yourself?

Also did you get restore disks with your computers?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having to boot a lot

Sorry for delay running windows update for 4 hours lol not
it came installed yes got boot up floppy for laptop and disk for pc, After all that I am getting error message for outllook express now. I am having to copy link to msn to view and connect to your site. Sorry if I have given you a headache with this.

S

·
0 Posts
This from your first post!

Going crazy just reinstalled again it keeps freezing and not letting me open e-mails after first page.
I'm sorry but I'm confused! It doesn't take much believe me.

What exactly did you reinstall?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
having to reboot a lot

this has been going on since I got the pc. lol we will leave the laptop just now. From the word go I has missing files showing when I opened it after it was installed. phoned helpline they told me to reboot, did that then ran windows updates all 17 critical, 19 recomended, 3 drivers. Seemed to go ok for 2 days then started freezing all the time ,so blamed the kids then rebooted again, still having the bother with outlook express. then I came to you rebooted this afternoon from disk supplied with machine and ran updates. The Norton was included but I have left it as it was not changing anyhting. Hope that helps you help me. you help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
:confused: Question :

WinXp is just freezing ?? It does not freeze !! :eek:

It doesn't show you a blue screen/crash dump info. or a box saying that the program has caused a problem and will be closed.

It just locks so the only way to use the system again is to reboot the system?

If so, could you explain exactly what your doing when the problem arises.

Also look in your Control Panel, Admin Tools, Events Monitor,
look it system and application tabs and give me a list of any and all red X messages.

and we'll see what we can do :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Teckisin
if the first part there are warnings com+
error, asp.net1.037050
warning eventsystems 52

application errors, 1001, 1000, 4354

systems
service control manager

7001 , 7000, 7011,x 2

error on cdrom 7 pages of them

service control manager
7023 many of them

is this of any help to throw light on the subject

thanks for helping

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi there did I fry your brains? It sure did mine but I think I got it now. Got another doot disk, loaded it in and so far it seems fine except for the original problem with outlook express, but working round it for the time being. I would say it froze on me could do nothing at all and had to close down byr removing power. hope you are still sain and thanks for the help.
Ann

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
well personally some questioned my sanity prior to your post ... so I'm still the same :)

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed ... I would have gotten back to you but I don't frequent the board that much on the weekends.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi its me again lol thought it was fixed but they now say there is some thing wrong with the hard drive so need to get them to replace it. The same problem started after I opened it up just like the first time with all the error pages.
Thanks for trying
Ann

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.