gforce fx5600 256mb
soundblaster audigy gamer
1.5 gig ddr pc 2100
350 watt power supply
52x48x52 cdrw
16x dvd
1.5 floppy
200 gig harddrive

Ok heres my problem I have built this comp from scratch and when I hit the power switch my computer boots for the first time. (Havent gotten it to setup as of yet) Since it is thwe first boot it quickly goes to a "hit DEL to enter SETUP" screen. Now it seems that there is no power to my keyboard whatsoever because when I hit DEL nothing happens. I have conected 3 different keyboards to the PC and nothing. I have replaced the mob twice and still nothing. Every now and then I can get a single light to light up on the keyboard but nothing. Would a P/S rffect this do I need a bigger one or could it be something else?

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Which "DEL" key are you hitting? They actually mean "DELETE", not the DEL that's down on the numeric keypad.

-clintfan

S

·
0 Posts
Hello Paranoia and welcome to the forums.

Are you sure you plugged the keyboard into the right connector and not into the mouse one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
positive i even tried switching them and nothing. I thought it was a defective port but i replaced the mob and still nothing. Could the power supply be insuficiant and would cause this?

S

·
0 Posts
A P4 setup doesn't require the power that an AMD setup does.
A 350 watt should be more than sufficient to run your setup unless like you said one of the rails might be turning out low power. If you could borrow another power supply to try in there it might be worth it to see if is indeed the problem.

Oh while I'm thinking about it does your power supply and motherboard have that square 4 pin connector and is it attached?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is a ATX12v connector and it is attached but it looks like the keyboard still isnt getting power im going to pick up a 450 watt + powersupply tonight and try that Ill let yall know if it works.

If the powersupply didnt have enough juice would it cause a problem like this?? Where the keyboard isnt getting juice?

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
The PS/2 ports get their juice through a 1.6-amp fuse, so that's something to consider, too. It so happens there was talk about that yesterday here.

-clintfan

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
clintfan said:
Which "DEL" key are you hitting? They actually mean "DELETE", not the DEL that's down on the numeric keypad.

-clintfan
Actually, either DEL key will enter the BIOS setup on every machine I have that uses DEL for that task. I normally hit the one on the numeric pad, it's closer to the edge of the keyboard! :D

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,284 Posts
Perchance have you tried a USB keyboard?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same same motherboard, do you have a problem with the video card also?

I have had many problems with this motherboard. I have a 4x mx440 64mb AGP card. I still cannot use my computer for adjusting the brightness of photos. I cannot get a true picture. I have to turn up the brightness of the monitor to actually see anything. So if I adjust a photo and put it on a web page, the picture is way too dark on any other computer viewing the web page. I feel for you. Matsonic does not respond to emails. Buying a ms9337c was the greatest waste of time I have experienced in a long time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.