Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wanting advice on this problem I suspect is generic to 2000K?
I often do a fresh install as I tend to clog my OS up or get attacked by viruses, this isn’t a prob as my main use is downloading DJ mixes / MP3s, however every time I have done same I can never get hardware wiz to detect modem, even with software disc, my last modem was a cheap PCI, new ones slightly more expensive, both have been that difficult to install I always end up going to PC store and getting them to install it, last time it took the guy 5 mins, however not that impressed as he put 9x drivers in I have 2000k!!
I had a thought re this, would it decrease my problems if I took PCI cards out before reinstalling OS?, I only have sound and modem on PCI and notice windows has a stage of detecting hardware in the installing OS stages, how does windows pick up hardware? All I can see on disc is drivers how does it pick the type of modem, can I change same, there is something wrong with this one, however I have some advice from a previous post I will try
Any advice/ ideas appreciated

AMD –K6 processor
Windows 2000 professional
128 Mb SDRAM
IE 6 browser
PCI Internal 56Kbps V.92 fax Modem

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

this sounds similar to something i might have had happen to me.

what company made your modem, and what model number is it?

i think i have the same best data modem...

i had to download a windows 2k driver from the www.driverguide.com place

i wasnt too happy about all of it, but i did get it working. (after a struggle)

~BoB~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SinglePoint Intel 56K V.92 Fax Modem

However properties in modems says intel (R) 536 EP V.92 modem (attached to) Com 3, will check driver.com see if any updates!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.