Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a home theatre setup consisting of a home theatre PC (henceforth HTPC) running MediaPortal software, connected to a Marantz amp which itself is connected to a Bauhn TV. The HTPC is connected to my network (and NAS) via ethernet. To control the lot, I have a Logitech Harmony remote+hub, where the amp and the TV were controlled through the hub via IR blasters and the PC was paired vie Bluetooth to the hub and thought it was keyboard.

The HTPC was showing signs of wear and tear, was build using a tower case, was big, heavy and in need of replacing, so I bought a RNUC11PHKI7C NUC, installed Win10Pro and MediaPortal on it, configured the lot, turned off the HTPC, and swapped it for the NUC.

Mostly the swap has gone without problems - the new NUC plays 4K x265 files without breaking a sweat and the sound is great - but I cannot seem to get the NUC to pair with the Hub. (How long has it been since I had to make changes to the Logitech setup? It wasn't until last weekend that I learned that Logitech no longer makes remotes - that's how long.)

I have pressed the "pair/reset" button at the back of the hub while the NUC is scanning for new bluetooth devices... and if I'm lucky I sometimes (maybe once every 4 attempts) see the hub as a keyboard. But even then, the pairing fails. As for when I try to add the NUC as windows PC via the Harmony App, the hub simply never shows up when the app tries to get it to pair with the NUC. I have reset the hub and remote to fasctory settings and re-installed the settings from my Logitech account... still no pairing.

For the record, the NUC "sees" my phone, the amp, and several other devices via bluetooth (and even paired with the amp when asked).

Anyone have any idea on why this is happening?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Except the entire concept is to have a home theatre, not a desktop. The Remote + Hub combination is what I was using before and it is what I want to use now - the keyboard was only ever used as an emergency (or when I needed to change things in Windows).

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Setup was attempted via both the MyHarmony windows software and the Android app. I think that's what the link you provided wants me to download (App for installations using a Hub, MyHarmony for installation with a remote only).

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you to spunk.funk for pointing me in the right direction.

I eventually had to:
1) Remove the Logitech Universal Receiver (i.e., the USB dongle) from the NUC;
2) Plug in a set of wired mouse/keyboard;
3) Delete the Harmony Keyboard that was in the paired device listing on the NUC;
4) Delete the NUC from the MyHarmony app;
5) Re-sync the Remote and the Hub with the app;
6) Add the NUC as a Windows PC in the MyHarmony app;
7) Re-sync the Remote and the Hub with the app;

At this point, the MyHarmony app on my phone started controlling the NUC

8) Re-add the "Watch HTPC" activity on MyHarmony
9) Re-sync the Remote and the Hub with the app;
10) Plug the Logitech Universal Receiver into the NUC and turn on the K400 keyboard.

I now have a remote which controls the Amp, TV and NUC through a single activity AND the wireless keyboard/trackpad (K400) is also connected.

Obviously, the ORDER in which theLogitech devices are added is VERY important.

Again, thanks to spunk.funk for giving me the final impetus - I was ready to throw away the Logitech gear.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, just for completeness: Logitech contacted me over the support ticket I lodged regarding this problem. Their response:

"unfortunately, NUC is not supported. That's why we can't pair it with your Harmony hub."

Yep, can't be done. Which is why I'm currently doing it. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts