Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reading an optimization guide, it listed creating a gaming hardware profile. I did so, and when I restarted I chose it. I then moved the gaming hardware profile to the top, and deleted the original profile. I then renamed the gaming hardware profile to "Profile 1," as the original was named that. However, when I restarted my computer again, it gave me the profile selection screen again. It listed three profiles: "re profile" (information on what this is would help too), "Profile 1" (the profile I made), and " " (a blank space which I found when hitting the down arrow key again). I chose the profile I made, and when my computer started back up I looked through the hardware profile window again, and there was a blank profile, listed as "Unavailable". I tried deleting it, but then when I closed the hardware profile screen and opened it again, it was there again. Also, when I restart my computer, the hardware profile screen still appears.

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm using Windows XP Home, by the way.

T

·
0 Posts
So what is that you want ?

to not have the profile screen when you boot up ?

do you have select the first profile I have listed.... checked ?

highlight profile 1
and select select the first profile listed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is, Profile 1 isn't the first selectable profile when the screen comes up. There are three profiles, in this order:

- re profile
- Profile 1
-

The third one is blank of text. I want to know how to remove the "re profile" and the blank text one, so that I only have "Profile 1", which would stop the screen from coming up. The problem is, I need to remove the profiles without using the hardware profiles window in XP, because it doesn't work if I use that, because it doesn't list the "re profile". It also recreates the blank text profile when I try deleting it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem. I would just like to delete the old profiles that I no longer need/use and windows will not let me do this. I understand that I can use regedit but would like more info before tampering with the registry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.