Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a car that has a touch screen navigation system (Holden Captiva 7 lx - Series 1) and wanted to use a hard drive to play music through it via the USB port. It won't connect my iPod (160 gig Classic), it acknowledges that it's connected but doesn't display the songs.

In the handbook it has some notes in the Nav System section:

- Supports FAT 12/16/32 format of USB device. NTFS file system is not supported.
- HDD type/CF memory is not supported.
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) file format is not compatible.

This is all foreign to me so I don't want to go and spend money on an external hard drive until I know it will work.

What type of hard drive will I need/is it possible? Is there a way I can get the iPod to work?

It has an aux jack I could use but I want to be able to choose songs on the touch screen

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Take a look at this link I got with my google search ipod format iPod: How to determine your iPod's disk format
I can only assume maybe your iPod is connected to a MAC ? if not based on what I read its already fat32 if iPod is setup and connected to Windows. Any external hard drive can be formatted as fat32 from a windows computer. Most USB sticks are already formatted as fat32. I suspect your problem could be the particular Nav system may be looking for MP3 format ? and the iPod music is not MP3 format.

I know in many cars with the AUX jack the iPod does play through ( I have personal experience with that on many rental cars do it all the time) and in my F150 Crew Cab

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.