Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is making my hard drive work constantly and I can't figure out what it is :4-dontkno

I noticed this a couple months ago but couldn't figure it out, well today I went to install a program and it said my hard drive was full (its a 40 gig). So I deleted a TON of crap I could live with out freeing up 18.9 gig. When I restarted the comp next it said I only have 1 gig free! Also I noticed in recycle bin that it says my hd is only 1.99 gig total :dead:

Is there some program secretely filling my hard drive?! Please help :sayno:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

I moved this over to the Hard Drive Forum, you will get better assistance in here
Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for moving this and somebody finally responding :) I was able to fix it on my own. Wierdist thing is my firewall, zonealarm, was the culprit for making my hd work constantly. Once I got rid of it I was finally able to run scandisk and found no problems with the hd even though it still claimed it was full. Next I ran the defragmenter and when it finished like 8 hours l8tr lol I had 19.4 gig free again. Very strange! I doubt anyone else will ever have this problem but thought I would post the fix in my case anyhoo. Thx again,

Naomi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.