Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a days ago, I reformatted and changed one of my drives to NTFS from FAT32 (I don't know the difference between the two, I just did it to see what happened) Anyways, so since then, everytime I played this Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) I hear something in my computer speed up. At first i thought it was just the CD drive doing something, so i left it open to see if the sound still game.

The problem I'm having is that everything i hear that (vurrrrrrr) speeding up sound, the game im playing would slow down. (It's a SideScrolling game, 2d; Maple story. if any of you play it too)

EX: So im playing, i hear the sound. I walk slower, jump slower, attack slower.
Say... When i push the jump button it takes 1 second to jump, when i hear that speeding up sound, it takes 1.5-2 seconds to jump. (Not the DELAY from the button to what im seeing, but the time it takes while its jumping)

Sorry if i confused any of you. So is this a harddrive problem? or somekind of software. I've Spyware scanned, adware scanned, defragged, turned off all processes not needed (thanks to www.blackviper.com) and virus scanned. What else is there to do? :4-dontkno

thanks. :grin:

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

I suggest you download the hard drive manufactuter's diagnostic utility and check the drive for physical health.

we can go from there

regards

joe

·
Registered
344 Posts
Firstly the difference between NTFS and fat32 is that NTFS is Much more secure, so the upgrade to NTFS was a wise choice.

I'm not sure what the spinning noise is, i'd assume it was the CD spinning up when the game starts to read Data off of it.

As linderman said, download the diagnostic utility for the Hard Drive just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
you can use the command
CONVERT [drive to be converted] /FS:NTFS
at the command prompt to change your partition from FAT32 to NTFS without formatting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.