Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 hard drive. I just built a new pc and I'm reusing them. The first one work just fine but all the data on it was erased. However, when I connect the second one, I'm stuck at the motherboard logo loading for over 30 min. I'm wondering if I need to wait longer as there is data on the second drive or if I'm doing something wrong.

·
Global Moderator
42,242 Posts
What is on the second HDD? is it Windows installed from another computer? Or is this a secondary drive in addition to your Windows drive?
It's best to do a clean install of Windows 10 onto a new build on a drive with nothing on it. If you want files off of that drive that already has Windows on it you can attach it as a secondary drive after Windows is installed on a separate drive. then you can drag and drop your files from one drive to the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is on the second HDD? is it Windows installed from another computer? Or is this a secondary drive in addition to your Windows drive?
It's best to do a clean install of Windows 10 onto a new build on a drive with nothing on it. If you want files off of that drive that already has Windows on it you can attach it as a secondary drive after Windows is installed on a separate drive. then you can drag and drop your files from one drive to the other.
I have games on that drive, my windows is already installed and working. The only probleme si when I plug that second drive my computer get stuck at the mobo loading screen.

·
Global Moderator
42,242 Posts
Then that drive is failing or has already failed. You can attach it to a USB Adapter with a power adapter. Once it is powered up but not plugged into the USB port of the computer, put your ear next to it. Is it making a scraping or clicking noise? Or is it spinning up, then spinning down? or not spinning at all. These are all signs the drive has failed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts