Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just bought an X's-Drive VP300 for photographic backup work, and installed a Hitachi travelstar 30GB HD in it. Problem is, despite every effort I've made to format the drive (Fat32) I keep getting erro messages. I have tried formatting through XP's own devie manager, and I have also tried formatting through the piece of software that came with the unit. Nothing works. This is how it goes when I try

1) If I try using XP to do the job an error box pops up with the following text 'Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this device, and make sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again' Note also that if I right click on the drive (J drive on my computer) I get a rather odd piece of information under 'properties which says the drive format is RAW. Another odd thing is that it's supposed to be a 30MG HD, but the formatting box says its 27.9MB.

2) If I try using the program on the disk to format it instead (FDiskAP), I get the following error message ''Check sectorO Ox55 AA NG!!! Check sector 0 NG!!!' NG I assume means 'No Good', and I'm beginning to wonder if I received a dud HD.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any help or advice much appreciated

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.