Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i recently tried to install my new hard drive into a machine on which the bios would not recognise the full capacity of the drive, using maxblator it formatted as a 32GB

I am now installing this in a new machine which already has a large capacity drive installed

my question is how can I restore the full capacity of the disk to 80GB

thanks

nic

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I'd recommend you get rid of MaxBlast, it's a PITA if you don't need it. You can then format it to the full capacity.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I believe the easy way is FDISK /MBR to nuke MaxBlast partitioning. Then you need to use the standard O/S partitioning software to set it up the way you want it. For W2K/XP, that would be disk manager.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i try to run FDISK in command prompt it doesn't recognice the command, and due to it being XP i carnt bot into dos as there is no dos to boot into,

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
fdisk

you need a boot disk with command.com and fdisk on it. usually this is a floppy or a bootable cd. you can get one from a pc store.

Hope i helped any at all,
bOb?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
poach said:
When i try to run FDISK in command prompt it doesn't recognice the command, and due to it being XP i carnt bot into dos as there is no dos to boot into,
Sorry, headspace. :) Cruise to BOOTDISK and you can download bootdisks for every occasion.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
bootdisk

thank you for the link johnwill, that was one i had to put in my link list, as it seems like an priceless resource. i in fact made a few boot disks while i was there :)

BoB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.