Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem. I got a really bad virus on my gateway comp and it won't boot into windows. It just gets an error about how some system files are damaged.

Well I took the harddrive out of my Hp 310n which had a dead mobo. I put it into my gateway comp and it wouldn't boot , it would just hang with the little blinking underscore. So I put my WInXP sp2 cd in and chose the option to install windows. I thought it would give me an option to reformat but it didn't. It just gave me an option to delete my partitions one by one (I have two partitions btw).

So should I just delete the partitions from there or get some dos disks and do it from there.

I haven't installed windows on my computers since I used to help my dad with Win98 when I was like 10 yrs old (8 yrs ago). If someone could point me in the right direction of what to do I'd appreciate it. :)

Btw the filesystem is ntfs.

·
Registered
428 Posts
After you delete the partitions( you don't have to generally), it will then ask which partition you want to install Windows on, THEN it will ask to reformat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.