Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I would like to know if youu think I could retrive the data off of my old hd. It is stilll in my old pc. I bought a new pc because the old hd made noises and failed to start OS. I had alot of info on the old hd like pics and music that can't be duplicated. any body help. I was wondering if you could attach the two pcs with a usb cord? I seen on my new pc that it has a data mover from one to the other . anyone?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Best method would be to plug the old hd in as your secondary drive and simply take the data across that way.

If you have a CD Burner then burn it directly on to a CD.

I have only just done this myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sure. Just make sure that the HD is setup as a "Slave" and plug into your new system, the BIOS should pickup the HD and it should boot from your "Master" drive, and your second drive will be there with all the data on it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Make sure that the jumper setting on the newer drive is in the master position, and the old computer hard drive's jumper setting is changed over to the slave position. There's should be pictures on the drives to tell you where to put the jumpers. If you don't do this, your new computer might go nuts thinking there are two master drives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.