Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'm running on a pentium 2 system with a fujitsu hard drive. (This hard drive is set to primary slave with no primary master, and windows ME is installed on this drive). Recently I tried to add a Quantum Fireball hard drive as well.. I looked up the proper jumper settings for both hard drives and set the Fujitsu as the primary, and the Quantum as the primary slave. When booting, The system detects both drives properly but then freezes when verifying dmi pool data. Any Ideas? I'm kind of stuck on this one...

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums dragon2125...................:winkgrin:

Try putting the Fujitsu as master without the other drive hooked up, Make sure the jumper is set to master and see if it will boot to it............:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but just wondering...

I'm not real good with bios settings, but I'm just wondering... Is it possible my computer changed the drive letters? I'm wondering if the new blank hd was set as drive c. Either way, I assume (but I want to check first) that I can run my system (ie windows) off a hd set as the primary slave and use the second hard drive for storage, but set as the primary master. Can I do this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.