Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to add another hard drive to my computer but I changed my mind pretty quick. Now that everything is back to normal the origional hard drive wont even boot anymore. After the POST screens it saids: "searching for boot record on Hard Drive......OK" then it starts beeping over and over very fast and doesn't stop or do anything. I also did not get any error message. I didn't change the jumpers, It is being recognised as master. With some ribbon cables plugged in the hard drive it gets even less farther along so I just keep the ribbon in it that gets it to the point I explained. I noticed, as well, that when it saids checking vram it gets past that part fine lke always but now it doesn't count up all the #'s for about a min. like it used to. One last observation... when I put in a boot disk or CD it doesn't find a boot record.. it may be that those floppy and CD drives have been broken all along or they are now hooked up wrong, but I doubt it. Sorry for being so long I just wanted to get all the information out that I knew. Thanks so much to anyone that can help:) Colin My SPECS: 250ram 800mhz 30gigHD.... Windows 2000 , the hard drive is a Maxtor and it's model:33073H3 .......I have American Megatrends Ami bios , if that helps :)

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums CcPunk82...........:D

There is some information here that may help you out............:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

Hi SPEEDO! Thanks for replying. That link looks like it could be very helpfull. The only thing is that the CDrom and floppy drives wont pick up the disks I put in... it just looks at them then goes right to trying to boot from the HD. I must have some BAD luck or something :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.