Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

just built a new athlon 64 system all new parts
motherboard BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

and this hard drive Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

never used sata until now

I have a dvd cd rom burner drive on ide header 1 set as master

I have the new wd sata hard drive on sata header 1 by itself

when I start computer to install winxp pro I first went into bios and made the cd rom drive the first bootable drive so I could get the os installed

it posts ok and I get the biostar start up screen then it does a
VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA........
DISK BOOT FAILER, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

when it seems to find the rom drive with the winxp os disk in it ican see the green light on the rom drive light up but then i get that error and the os wont load.....when i finally do get an operating system to load I would then like to add another wd ata drive on the cd rom drive as a slave

any ideas?

thanks in advance for any help

Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
oldmn said:
try Changeing your cd to slave or cable select.

well i tried that allready oldmn.......I have the cd rom on ide header 1 and i cant understand why it wont read the winxp disk it seems to find the rom drive ok cause i see the green light come on and i can here it making noise.....

When I go into standard cmos features in bios

IDE Channel O Master…………..………cdrom drive
IDE Channel O Slave……………..……..None
IDE Channel 1 MASTER………………..None
IDE Channel 1 Slave……………..….…..None
IDE Channel 2 MASTER……………….wd 80 gig hd
IDE Channel 3 MASTER………………..None

I dont understand why there is a ide header O

thanks for your quick response

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oldmn said:
Please do not take offence. But when you boot from the cd it comes up and asks you to hit any key to boot from cdrom, if do not if will goa nd look at the next boot device, HDD or floppy. I have done this. :rolleyes:

lol you wont offend me with any question

I tried booting from hd first then cd rom as second boot device same problem and I dont have a floppy drive on this system

frustrated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.