Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer crashed repeatedly lately. After being scanned by MS Windows, I was informed that Windows (my computer was running on Win XP) was unable to read some of the data on the hard disk. Suggestion of running Chkdsk with parameter /C /I /F to check the hard disk was also given. I invoked the Chkdsk with the parameters /C /I only (don't know why /F didn't work) and gone through all five stages of the checking. The end result was that the disk was no more readable. I took the hard disk to the repair shop. A notebook and a desktop were used but was of no avail to read the disk.: simply unable to identified the dsik (no drive number showed), not to say to retrieve any data. Any suggestion to my hard disk, is it 'death',irrevocable or would there be any way outto recover the data? Is there any software which I could use to recover the hard disk? Wiil spinrite help? Pleasae help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to read the HD again with SpinTite 6.0. Cuyrrently doing a thorough testing of the drive. Expected many more hours to go. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

:wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.