Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is the best forum for this topic, if not, sorry and feel free to move it!

A friend and myself are trying to setup a Hamachi network to play some games over virtual LAN.

I've made a network and he has joined it, the chat function works and there are no warning indicators, but when we attempt to ping each other we only get timeouts, we're getting conflicting messages from this help page on their website ( here ), we can both complete the first two steps, pinging ourselves and pinging our Hamachi address, but when we try to ping each others we get timeouts, which the help page says means the other persons firewall is the issue.

I'm guessing this means the problem is with our routers, but I can't find any useful guides that work with the current version.

Please help! :1angel:

Edit: Oh, and we tried War Of The Ring, but the games we made didn't appear in each others LAN area.

·
Games Team | Tech, Networking Team-Tech
3,752 Posts
Hi,
The person hosting the game may need to setup port forwarding. What is the make and model of your modem and router?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've setup port forwarding for the War Of The Ring, but no luck with that.

I think the software (Hamachi) is working fine since I've got a minecraft server set up with a friend and he can join that fine.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,129 Posts
You're positive that everyone is joined to your Hamachi network and they're connecting to the Hamachi IP address?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,129 Posts
I think the problem was if I read correctly that you were using the in-game server browser to connect? You shouldn't do that - you should connect using the IP directly. Sometimes you need to enter the port (25565) by using this format 5.xxx.x.xxx:25565 where x is the numbers of the Hamachi IP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying to use LAN option in War Of The Ring, I guess maybe they are different versions, I'm pretty sure hamachi isn't the problem now.

Will check versions now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.