Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is my problem. I have two computers, one that connects directly to the internet and the other (the one that I mainly use) connects through it. I am trying to set up a ds on my router and so far it works fine, I've managed to get it to recognize its external ip address and it appears in the server lists.

The problem I get is this: the ping shows up as "?" as does the map name. The users shows as "0/0".

If I add the network ip address to the server lists, it works perfectly and I can join. But, I want to set it up for myself and a few friends to join over the net. Nobody but me can join.

Sv_lan is 0 btw...

I have gone through Steam's tech support pages and done all the stuff that they suggest. I have even emailed the address in the hlds readme file. None of this has helped. In fact, I think it has made it worse as before, I could see the ping and the number of users allowed (still couldn't see the map name or connect).

I tried it on a friend's pc with version 4.1.1.0 and it showed up perfectly but gave me the message of lan server only local connections etc... blah blah blah... In this case, I couldn't get round it so I updated to the 4.1.1.1 standalone server. This then gave me all of the above errors.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be a blessing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a problem with Counter Strike Source while looking for servers, it shows no progress that its done anything. It freezes and you cannot do anything other than move the mouse. Could it be something wrong with the game, Steam, or my firewall? Only asking because Half Life and CS are close.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It might be the fact that you are connecting through another comp so it might be causing some confusing for your network. Try hooking up the computer your using directly to the router. If that does not work, try making sure your ip has not expired. You can do this by following this path:
start-> run->type in "cmd" and press enter->then type in "ipconfig" in the command prompt->if the ip adress starts with "169." type in "ipconfig /renew" or "ipconfig /renew_all" if your not running win xp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.