Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have half life 2 and now every once in a while [and at completely random times I may add] an unexpected error occurs. I don't know what causes it, just at random times while im playing it happens. although the first half of the game works perfectley with barely any errors, as soon as I get to the sandtrap level [the one where you drive the dunebuggy] errors start to occur. Im sure you all know what the unexpected error looks like you know the one where you have the choice of sending an error report or not. But another error occurs also and I have no clue what it is here is some pictures of the second error sorry, i Couldnt make the any clearer.

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getattachmentaspxxp7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getattachmentaspx1wi8.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getattachmentaspxbz0.jpg

any suggestions would be appreciated. [for those that cant understand what the picture is, the picture shows a picture of what the second error that occurs is here is what the error says.

"The instruction at "0x77fc8f11" referenced memory at "0x9486f4f8". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program."

and the numbers are always different.

thanks for all your guys help. :smile:
system specs:
a8n 32 sli deluxe asus mobo
xfx geforce 7900 gtx graphics card
creative soundblaster x-fi FATAL1TY souncard
2 gigs of ram
160 gigs of hardrive space
amd dual core 4400+ X2 proccessor
1 dvd drive compact disc
and if you need anything else just ask
oh and I have updated all my drivers: sound, video, and I updated directx to 9.0c

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I have a question sometimes half life 2 crashes so bad that it has to reboot the entire computer. could this possibly damage my computer

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
it very well could be be a heating issue why it's restarting your system. I know that level quite well and it can be a bit taxing on hardware. Your system is more than perfectly capable, I'm just concerned about your heat. Run through the steps that pharoah linked to since one of them is checking temps and report back all your findings.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-Well my Gpu is an xfx geforce 7900gtx andright now it is running at 118 degrees
-and my hardrive is a seagate 160 gig and right now it is running at 108 degrees
-and last my cpu is a amd athlon dual core 4400+ X2 processor and right now its running at 124 degrees

I have the side of my case off to give it more air should I open the window outisde what should I do to cool down my PC.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have very heat creating hardware. :smile:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok sorry that was really stupid to say> i meant that my hardware generates a lot of heat, and what should I do to cool it down?:4-dontkno

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ending thread solved it. Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks. Yeah It has been running very hot lately. but if I open the window in the room it cools it down dramatically.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Use SensorsView to monitor your temperatures.

Make sure the graphics card fan is spinning, and there's a clear airflow path between the front and back case fans.

If SensorsView shows the CPU temperature is too high, reapply some thermal compound.

Also, dust builds up around the heatsink and fans, especially with the side of the case off, so clean out the case with a can of compressed air.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is speedfan pretty good cause that is the one I have.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the thermal compunsd will work with a dual core processor right [amd athlon +4400 X2]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.