Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well anyone who played Guildwars one which consisted of the chapters Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and expansion:Eye of the North
and people outside the player base, would of known for a while about the upcoming Guildwars 2, for quite a while now. as much as a joy killer that was on guildwars one it was also exciting news as there is going to be such great content in GW2. A higher level cap is going to be implemented, however its not going to be biased to those unemployed goons who wear nappies and play 24 hrs a day thanks to buddy systems and balancing. New playable races which i know is all old news by now.. but i recently watched the races trailer and i think its just awsome.

you can Check out the videos here
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

or here..
YouTube - Guild Wars 2 Evil Rises Trailer [HD]
YouTube - Guild Wars 2 - The Races of Tyria

So.. whos planning on playing Guildwars2??
What race and class (es) are you considering..
How do you intend on playing it (Story PvE play, Team PvE type stuff, PvP)
What do ya like about guildwars2? what will you miss about guildwars 1.
anything like that, share your thoughts on the game..

I'll go first -
I'll definitely get it. free to play (after purchase), incredible graphics, great story and i miss the vibe i got from Guildwars one in its first few years.

class/Race-
probably melee based, never started an MMORPG as anything else.. something , it's stupid but i feel melee classes are the fittest and strongest physically. And theres something more realistic about the fact their means of attacking is actually possible in real life(swords and shields and so on), as opposed to fireballs and summoned corpse monsters.
and based on a melee class, i'll pick a Charr because they allways looked cool and capable of ripping people up.

playing-
always play PvE, easier for someone like me who when they get behind the screen they power down to 5% of their normal brain activity, plus it feels like the bigger picture to me personally as opposed to PvP, and it avoids Some frustrated cyberjerks who want to vent on everyone with 'fail' and 'noob' at the top of their vocabulary lists.

looking forward to a higher level cap, more races, the enhanced graphics, awsome new story lines and stuff :D

will miss the fact that in guildwars one the low level cap meant that how good you were was Dependant entirely on how you used your skills, not how much you spent on gear and how closely you leveld some skills according to guides as is generally the way in mmorpg's. i also liked the instances, you allways knew players were back at the towns so it didn't feel isolated but you had alot of your own space too.

now your thoughts-> :grin:

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
Maybe I'll get guild wars. I never played it before, I kind of want a RPG, but something that won't steal my soul *cough*WoW*cough* and my wallet :grin: I am very busy with schools and sports, so if I can play this with very little time, I'll consider it. First I just need a rig...:(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it will be a little like GW in a couple of aspects, but for how long they've been working on it and the changes i've mentioned i'm sure its hook material.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hope they make PVP a bit more open. I much prefer large scale PVP than limited 5 v 5. I did enjoy Guild wars and was very impressed when I first played it as It was the first MMO I played which changes as you progress through the quests.

So far I like what I'm seeing and Asura are already my favorite race.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I kinda got hooked on guild wars one for a while but easily got bored after a couple of weeks or so. The missus likes guild wars n i'll probably get made to play it once she gets it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I played Guild Wars 1 for a few years, I still do on occasion. According to my Xfire account, I've played for too long. (Lol.)

I'm planning on getting Guild Wars 2, if I'm still interested in it. (Beta was supposed to be...2 years ago now? Plus, there's rumors that it won't be out until late 2011, early 2012. That is a bit of time away; though it is only rumors.) As you mentioned, it's free-to-play after the initial purchase. The graphics are (supposed to be) better, the story is intriguing, and I, as well, miss the "vibe" from Guild Wars 1 I had when I first played, oh-so-long-ago.

As for the class and race; I'm not sure yet. Though I do love being melee (Warrior in GW1) and tanking (My old tank in World of Warcraft, which I never play anymore.)

I'll be playing both PvE and PvP; I don't see why not. ;)

My only thought is that the graphics aren't as good as they show in the video. Take a look at the Guild Wars 1 Trailer; the game looks nothing like that, and Devona never had a sword. Ever. Granted, it's a cinematic, but it's also labeled as a "trailer".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe I'll get guild wars. I never played it before, I kind of want a RPG, but something that won't steal my soul *cough*WoW*cough* and my wallet :grin: I am very busy with schools and sports, so if I can play this with very little time, I'll consider it. First I just need a rig...:(
Guild Wars 1 is a great game once you get into it. It's story is pretty good, and it's easy on the wallet. ($50 USD total for the entire game - Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North.) It's much less of a soul-stealing game than World of Warcraft is. (*Shudder* I'm ashamed I ever played it.)

As for play-time, missions and quests would take about 30-60 minutes each, depending on the quest or mission; no 8-hour raids in here. (Though there are dungeons, which are similar to instances.)

I suggest getting it; you can't really be disappointed. (Unless you just don't like RPGs to begin with.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.