Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was experimenting one day and I accidentally made my guest account an administrator. Is there a way to undo this? I just don't want to make another standard account because I feel like it's eating much space in my Hard Drive and files and programs are doubling. Somebody help!:pray:

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,866 Posts
hi and welcome toTSF go start and at the top right you will have a little picture click on it that will take you to user accounts if your logged in on your account as admin you can change the account type for your guest account

·
Microsoft MVP
3,339 Posts
Welcome to TSF!

How did you make the Guest account an Administrator? There is no way to do that from the Manage Accounts control panel; all you can do there is Change the picture and turn the Guest account off or on.

You can use the Local Users and Groups management console to add the Guest account to the Administrators group. If that's what you did, simply remove the guest account from the group:
Right click Computer, click Manage
Expand System Tools | Local Users and Groups and click on Users
In the right pane, double click Guest
Click the Member Of tab
Remove everything but Guests

If that's not what you did, you'll need to explain more clearly what you did, or why you think the guest account is an Administrator.
For example, if you tried to access a folder the Guest account doesn't normally have access to, you'll get a UAC prompt to grant permission. If you granted permission via the UAC prompt, that permission is permanent. To remove it you have to edit the Security settings on the folder to remove the Guest account.

HTH

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.