Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TSF, I'm back here again for some advice...
I am having issues with a couple of EVGA GTX 560's. The EVGA forums aren't being very helpful, so let's see what we can do here!

Basically, the cards will not recognize an SLI bridge. With any of my 3 SLI bridges, nVidia control panel tells mo to connect one anyways to get 'Maximum 3D Performance.'

Here is the basics. The MoBo is an SLI capable board at 16x/16x.
M4N98TD-EVO

This is my Graphics card... x2 of course
EVGA GTX 560

Power supply... Thermaltake
Thermaltake BlackWidow 850w

So, as far as my troubleshooting so far... I have ran both cards independently in my system to compare capabilities, and aside from one card being a little hotter, (2-4C) they are identical.
60FPS solid in BF3 on all Medium.

To rule out the Mobo slots, I tested each card in the bottom PCI-E slot. Both ran BF3 flawlessly. So that rules out the slots. Both work fine.

This happens on the 285 WHQL drivers as well as the 290.66 Beta drivers.
What's the issue?!?
Running out of ideas here.

I also ran the Windows 7 system repair disk, to no avail.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Check the exact speed that each card is running at and take a screenshot.

Have you checked your mobo manual for master/slave type slots, you may have to reposition the bridge to the appropriate video cards.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Each card is running identical speeds, I promise. (running a sfc /scannow in safemode at the moment)

And they are connected correctly according to the motheboard manual

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
have you checked the bios? some sli capable boards need you to change it to enabled in the bios.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only option for SLI is hybrid SLI. And that is disable of course. Other than that, no meantion of SLI in the BIOS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.