Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer meets the min system requirements. When I play Grand Theft Auto IV, it laggs a WHOLE lot. I put BitDefender in Game Mode, and IObit Game Booster on. Still, it fails.

I go to options, then graphics, and if i try to lower or even higher the levels, it reverts back to the default. It used 250MB/170MB Resources.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Please post all of your system specs, believe it or not, GTA IV needs a lot more then the min requirements it says it needs.
Also, make sure BitDefender is not blocking the game.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
Your system will not run it

Apart from buying anew computer, you have no chance. You also have a intel integrated graphics card which isn't made for any modern game especially GTA 4

This is what the real minimum requirements are this

CPU: Dual core @ 3ghz x 2
Graphics Card: Nvidia 9600GT or ATI Radeon 3600
RAM: 2gbs
HDD space: 16gbs
PSU: Quality 650w like a Corsair

Your system won't handle it, you should think about getting a new computer.

You can get a decent gaming computer (just the tower) for around $700 US

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
As I said, you MUST have MUCH higher then the required specs to run it even at 10-15 FPS, a Nvidia 9600 GT or ATI Radeon 4850 will do fine, but seeing as you're on a Laptop, you pretty much will never be able to run it nicely until you buy a desktop.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
You do not meet the minimum requirements your graphics card is Intel so it fails right away.

Unless you get a new laptop or preferrably a desktop you have no chance of playing GTA 4. I do no want you to waste your money

look at the minimum specs for this site under the yougamers minimum specifications
http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10296/

Intel Graphics card are just meant to view the OS and isn't made for games.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
We don't want you to waste money on a game you can't play, and upgrades to a laptop that won't work anyway, so we recommend a nice, cheap computer that can run what you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.