Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm sure many have done before me, I ran into a problem that was out of my league - way out! I searched the forum, found similar problems but none matched mine, s-o-o-o... I was impressed by the quantity and quality of replies. Anyway, you can take a look at my problem at:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/need-help-to-reinstall-system32-hal-dll-on-dead-pc-130852.html

Background: Retired with over 23 years in the Army. Unlike Al Gore, I DID NOT invent the Internet - however I did help pioneer the ARPANET on the Army side beginning in the mid-70s. ARPANET was a predecessor of sorts to the Internet. If interested in the history of the Internet, use your favorite search engine on ARPANET.

I then spent enough years working for one of the major college bookstore management companies as a store manager that I was able to retire from there.

Next I found myself working at the headquarters for one of the major insurance and annuity companies. Originally hired as a buyer I found myself in charge of development, testing, rolling out and managing an e-commerce on-line intra-net ordering system, including on-line catalogs just as you would find at Office-Depot, Sears and so on strictly for use by company employees all across the US. So I should be fairly computer literate, right? Well, I had a staff of 3 IT's for support, and I FULLY retired two years ago, so I'm PC illerate all over again!

Thanks

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'Day Svenska, and Welcome to TSF! :wave:

I'm quite sure that you will soon have a solution to your problem! :sayyes:

In the meantime, have a look around the forums, as there's alot of good information along with many "Tips & Tricks" to be found.

:4-cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.