Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP laser printer pro MFP M477 fnw, that has been printing photos with the green hue. I've replaced the toner with new HP cartridges, uninstalled the drivers and software, checked the settings, cleaned the printer, with settings and modes. It still prints photos green weather I scan and print or through either my two computers or my iPhone. Hate think I have to take it for service if it's something I can fix. Any suggestions I can try. I've heard that in some cases it could be a hardware issue. All thoughts welcome.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,000 Posts
This is from your owners manual:

Restore the factory-set defaults
Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the printer and network settings to the factory defaults. It will
not reset the page count, or tray size. To restore the printer to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
CAUTION: Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also
deletes any pages that are stored in the memory.
1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, swipe until the Setup menu displays. Touch the Setup
icon to open the menu.
2. Scroll to and select the Service menu.
3. Scroll to and select Restore Defaults, and then touch OK.
The printer automatically restarts

·
30,000 Posts
Hate to ask, but prior to replacing cartridges with authentic HP ones, did you use 3rd party ones?

·
30,000 Posts
Further cleaning is still needed. If no help, and I wouldn't be optimistic, call HP Support. Others on staff disagree with me, but I' not a fan of trying to save a few bucks with 3rd party toner.

·
30,000 Posts
Both. You're trying to be as thorough as possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at and can't find what to try and clean on the inside, other than doing the color cleaning mode through the menu system, so I will do that a few times to see if it makes a difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts