Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with my computer....when I try to click on something like My Documents the computer screen freezes...and I am able to move my mouse....but it won't let me click on anything.....and I try ctrl/alt/delete and sometimes it freezes to! This happening makes it very difficult for me to do anything! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

My system information:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002

1.99 GHz, 256MB of ram,
CPU 2.00GHz

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hey amanda,

we need a bit more info here to help you out? first of all have you scan your computer for any spware or viruses? good spyware programs include spybot and adware SE and both can be downloaded from www.majorgeeks.com

a good anti-virus program is AVG which can also be downloaded from the same site. all are free. assuming you downloaded the three programs install them all and update them first. then run spybot, adware SE, and even AVG and see if they detect any spyware, trojan, and viruses.

you can check the eventlog and see if the computer is posting any error. to get to the eventlog, right click on my computer -> click on manage -> and then click on eventviewer. there on the right double-click on applications and look for any "X" marks.

does the problem happen frequently?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it does happen often! I downloaded that Ad-Aware and it scans my system then it says conditional scanning.....and it never comes off that screen......does it really take it 7 hours to scan conditionally? Anyway what else do I need to do!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.