Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been trying to solve a graphics issue with FEAR for a couple days now. i'm not sure whether it has something to do with hardware problems or conflict with programs. really appreciate any help i can get here. i've also posted some screenshots of the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are the problems just with the menu or in-game also?

My brother has the same menu issue with FEAR with the text being all weird and you cannot even read "Multiplayer" on his screen, but when inside the game everything is fine so i don't think he ever worried about it, his graphics card is a Radeon X800Pro

edit - typo

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
That's a strange one, no mistake.
Have a run through the 'Common Game Issues' link in my signature. See if any of that helps.
Is it only F.E.A.R. you are having this problem with? Any other artefacting in other games?
Is this only a recent occurance, has it worked properly before?

·
Registered
66 Posts
What drivers are you running for the x800pro, i have an x800xt and the game runs perfect, that said fear is resource hungry, i'm using the newest catalyst control drivers, the omega drivers are good too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i give up ...

i'm about to give up on this thing. it's been a bit more than a week since getting a new graphics card and tried to play it but i'm getting tired of this. it's just too bad since F.e.a.r. seems like a really good first person shooter. i tried almost everything and even re-installed the game more than twice. i play other games (WarCraft 3 and Dungeon Siege) and they don't have the problems that FEAR has. although those 2 games don't really depend much on the graphics card as much as FEAR does. my specs are as follows:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail), NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE (256 MB), Field Value
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1666 MHz (12.5 x 133) 2000+, FIC AM37 (stock mobo), my PSU is 380W but i'm not sure about the other details, 512 MB of RAM (2 x 256 MB PC2100 ddr sdram), 2 hard drives: seagate 160 GB and WDC 30 GB both ATA-100.

i've also got some in-game screenshots

Attachments

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Don't go giving up when you have people here ready to help you!

You have some bad artifacting there, which indicates a damaged video card. Do you have another video card you could swap in to test (or one you could borrow from a friend)? That would very quickly determine if the video card is at fault (which I believe it is).

Once you know that the video card is faulty, just send it back and get a replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ... i don't really have a spare video card that can run this game. i'll try using a friend's card or something. we'll see what happens ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having problems with fear since installing a new graphics card

heres a rundown of my sys specs:

mobo: gygabyte m61pme-s2
cpu: AMD 64 Athlon x2 6000+
ram: 4gb ddr2 800mhz
graph: ATI Radeon EAH4850 top
Hdd: 2x Seagate Barracuda Sata 2 160GB

a typical spyder set up

but before the ATI card i had a geforce 8600 gt and fear run fine but since adding the ATI card the game runs but I cant see a thing I mean you know the video that you can play to test graphics set ups, the only things you can see is the silhouette of the guys shooting and stuff you can also see the lights in the roof and residual environment light and the plumes of gunfire smoke but there is absoluly no texture on anything it is all black somone please tell me that they have had the same problem help me please fear is my fave game :sigh: :sigh: :upset:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.