Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am reposting this here. I had it posted under laptop support, but I think it may be more of an issue specifically with my video card.

I purchased the Asus G2S-A1 about 8 months ago, and I have been having problems since I got it. I've looked around often, and I cannot find anyone else having the same problems with this laptop.
My biggest concern is that this is a gaming laptop, but I cannot play games on it. All of my 3d games and applications are extremely laggy! At first it was okay, but it slowly got worse and worse. I also work with 3d programs, and now it's effecting my work. :(
Basically, whenever I run a 3d game or such, I am getting around 1 frame a second on the lowest possible settings. My old crappy desktop ran better than this, and it only had 512 ram, and a very old video card. I simply don't know what to do with this laptop now, and I'm asking for any help I can get.
Another issue that happens, that my be relevant: The video card drivers keep crashing which in turn crashes all of my 3d applications. It does this several times a day. I have reinstalled my chipset and video card drivers (the latest ones), and the problem still happens.

My level of knowledge on hardware and software for the computer is somewhat low.
Here are the stats of this laptop:
* 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7500
* Windows Vista Home Premium
* Intel 965 PM Express chipset
* 2GB SDRAM DDR2 667MHz (2 X 1GB)
* nVidia GeForce 8600M GT w/256MB VRAM support
* 160GB (5400rpm) S-ATA HDD

Any help, advice, recommendations, or anything else would be appreciated! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.