Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My computer keeps crashing whenever I play on any game, whether it be Half Life 2 or Trackmania. Let me just go through how i've got to this point of desperation.

Firstly, I bought a new graphics card for my old system, but it was faulty, so I sent that back. I then bought a different card(GeForce 8800 GT Ultra), but this one kept crashing in game, and I thought buying a new power supply would solve the problem, as the original didn't meet the specs for the graphics card, but alas no change. I sent it back for a replacement, and after the second one was still crashing, I bought a new motherboard, RAM and processor because I thought maybe the PCI express slot on my old motherboard didn't match the card(it was PCI 1, not 2).. yet it still crashes in game!

When it crashes, the screen freezes and has a messed up/pixelated look. I have to do a master reboot and then everythings fine, until the next time I start up a game.

Maybe the 3rd card became damaged by being in the wrong slot. I have no clue. Hope I don't have to do another RMA.

Please help! You can see my computer specs underneath.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.