Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I had this problem since only Yesterday. Firstly my video game performance unexpectedly and suddenly dropped. I Don't know what caused it, how and why. Other games were still working fine WITH The 2D ONES and LOW3D 90's Games. But performance Games such as Battlefield 4 and FH4 which i play at LOW Graphics began to degrade. I USED To play them at 30-35 fps FPS the day before the problem started but now, it degraded into 15-20 fps when I try play them again after I woke up in the morning which is so unexpected. The fps only runs SMOOTH If you're on a game menu, or looking up to the sky, which is the case for those weak Graphics card, but in mine it always used to run these games VERY SMOOTHLY EVEN IF you are looking at certain places that render and load a big chunk of textures and graphics until this problem occurred. I know overheating is not the issue because I barely play my laptop during Weekends and let the device have a 3 day rest from time to time also, overheating comes only in a period of time but in this case, the problem already exists even when after I just booted my computer. I have found no malware, viruses, spyware or any kind and since I think these don't affect the game performance and only software so i don't really know whats the problem. I don't know where to post this question if it should be the laptop support forum, video card forum or other hardware forum but all i know is that I hope someone could help me what condition my laptop is facing and how to fix it. It would be gladly helpful if some people did so.

·
Super Moderator Hardware Team
13,163 Posts
I know you said you don’t think it is over heating but when was the laptop cleaned out? J would at least blow out all vents and fan area with a can of compressed air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah yes! I forgot to mention that I cleaned and removed all dirt and dust in both of my Laptop's internal and external hardware a MONTH Ago. It's wierd that the performance still persists with sudden big framerate drops right after I just booted the device when i tried to play a game so i know Overheating is not the problem as well as the graphics card is not thermal throttling.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,464 Posts
Ah yes! I forgot to mention that I cleaned and removed all dirt and dust in both of my Laptop's internal and external hardware a MONTH Ago.
Unless you opened the laptop and tore it down, it wasn't cleaned all the way. IMO, laptops should be blown out at least every two weeks if not weekly. This is to stop the cumulative buildup of lent/dust on the heatsink and fan. Once that gets clogged....blowing it out externally will never get it fully cleaned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.