Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this morning I was using my PC halfway when it suddenly has this patches across the monitors like the words not aligned and where it is supposed to be black or other color, there are colored or different color patches (Sorry, can't really describe). Then my PC flashed blue screen for 1-2 secs and auto-restarts, after restarting, the patches still persist and when it wants to go into windows the select user page, it repeats the blue screen and restart.

I tried shutting it off using the power button and turn on again, this time it let me go into windows but after around 6-7 minutes(longest record so far), it flashes blue screen and restarts. When it flashed the blue screen, I managed to catch the words "display driver" and "memory" (Not sure if this helps any). Also, this thing happened once during the 6-7mins in windows "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and was recovered". I do not have a spare graphics card to test either.

Is it safe to assume that my graphics card is failing and not because of some other problems? Thx.

My specs
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Motherboard
CoolerMaster 850W power supply
XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT Graphics Card
Seagate Sata Harddisk
2Gb Ram
Vista 32-bits OS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.