Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello helpers,

i first posted this in hardware when i first bought my graphics card. i had a geforce 4(and i have celeron 2.0) and all my games worked fine(slow, and not good graphics, but fine).. when i upgraded to a geforce 6200 everythin just went wrong. GTA san Andreas stopped workin alotogether which i just thought, oh well, its just one game.. so i stopped playin on my PC for quite a bit. then i recently bought need for speed underground 2... ok it loads and i can play it, but when i set the details/graphics to "high" my computer kind of rejects and doesnt switch off but the screen is blank and the little lights by the ON button arent on... oh and my DVD player dont work and its not hardware or software..

my dad seems to think my Geforce is too advanced for my Celeron 2.0gig, or that my motherboard has somethin wrong with it?

sorry its long, but i beg that u can help!

thanks.

tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i check that?? but i would've thought that if i didnt have sufficient power then like it wouldnt work full stop?? and my Geforce 4 was ok... ya but geforce is older... help appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i did it right,,, i need somethin like 250 watts... but i dont even know if or what i have in watts so.... damn.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
look on the label on the side of the supply and post the brand and the wattage,it does not look like you added the 30% to that figure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it says TUV as my brand, and the wattage is 300. i dunno what to add 30% to so... i dunno what that site you gave me does, sorry i know you're tryin to help it must be frustratin but im not all that PC clever lol.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
250+ 30%=325
you appear to be underpowered
see if you can borrow a quality supply antec or enamax or something similar 450w+ to try in the computer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.