Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to be getting a weird error when I am playing. Here is a Picture of the glitch in the red circle

These show up every where when I do not use a scope.
I have the latest drivers and Update for Battlefield 2. I've never seen this problem before.

Thanks in advance!

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP, as the game is probably not compatible with windows 7, also, try lowering your draw distance.
Oh and update all your other drivers, Nvidia drivers can be found in my sig.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I assume that ATI tool will work with a Nvidia card?

Also, I never used this before, Do I scan for artifacts?

Also, How long should it run for?

About 7 mins in and my temp isnt moving from 63c, my idle temp was 35c

at about 13 mins the temp went from 63c to 60c and is not moving from 60 now, No artifacts.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
Sorry for the lack of info.

Yes I use ATI tool with my Nvidia GTX 260 and it works fine.
Scan for around 1/2 an hour with the scan for artifacts button.

Usually artifacts will start poping up pretty fast with ATI tool so you seem fine
The idle and load temps are very good

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
I suspect the video card is faulty, but first, make sure the video card is firmly in-place, and if that won't help then try a different video card, if this next card does not work then your motherboard is faulty and you need a new one.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How can this card be faulty when I just got it 4/3/2009 and it reports absolutely NO errors in any of the stress tests I put it on?

3dMark 06 reported nothing, ATiTools reported nothing either.

This only happens on Battlefield 2, so wouldn't it be a program issue? CS:S runs with no graphical glitches or artifacts, CoD4 can be ran for hours and no hitch or artifact.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
Hi Warfare.
This is a well known problem with the Nvidia drivers.
There are a couple things you can try that have been known to fix it.
First, see if the problem still occurs when Terrain Detail is set to Low. Then try putting them back up to high and set AA at 8x.

Also, try uninstalling your Nvidia drivers then reboot into safe mode and try reinstalling your drivers.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
To elaborate with TIber Setpim, uninstall the Nivida drivres and boot into safe mode with networking and then you can get the drivers ( you can get them from my sig too)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.