Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm actually writing for my grandma. She has a laptop with win95 and is having trouble with her dialup and password. She wants to automatically sign in when she goes on her laptop. If not that, than at least just have to enter her password instead of name, password... Can anybody help her?
Thank You, Tonya:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tech Support Forums Tonya.......................:D

I'm sure TheTechIsIn will help you with your problem............:winkgrin:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
OK, depending on the Msn version she is using to connect with when the box comes up it will ask for a UserName and Password below that it will have a box to "Remember Password" -- if you click that it will remember both, and all you need to do is load the dialer and click connect.

If its an older version then when your on the dialer screen click on the Advanced button ... in one of the tabs I'm not sure which one it will give you the option to remember your dial settings. I would load a MSN cd to find the exact information but I tend to turn them all into frisbees and throw them away :( If you cant figure it out with the info. I provided ... I will email a friend with MSN and find the exact tab and settings. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll have her try it in the morning and let you know.
I appreciate the help!
Tonya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Grandma already called msn to get help. They wern't much help. After they passed her along a few times someone finally tried to help her. It didn't work. She's 76, and only knows the basics on her laptop. All she really does is email and goes to a few cooking sites. She needs someone to explain very carefully, with easy instructions. They made it to complicated for her, she just got frustrated. I can't help her because I don't know anything about win95, and I live far from her. I know this is probably a pretty basic thing to do, but it's hard for her.
If you know anyway else...
Thanks, Tonya

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Tonya....

If I remeber from MY MSN days there is a check on the sign in screen that says either sign me automatically or remember username and password...I will put it to MSN live support and post back...:winking:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help, Grandma just isn't getting it though. I guess she will have to wait until I can get to her and do some of the things you guys have told me. I really appreciate all the help you tried to give her.
Tonya:thmbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.