Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, here it is. I downloaded GTA Vice City CD1 from mIRC. Now, when I extracted all the files from the .TAR archive, I got a bunch of files that have names such as flt-vca.001, flt-vca.002, flt-vca.003 etc.. I extracted all these files into a folder and the complete folder size is way more than 700mb (the total capacity of a given blank cd). What do I do with these files? How do I run the game? Please help me those of you who know how AWESOME of a game GTA Vice City is.....

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
That seems very complicated...why not just buy the game?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you really really REALLY wanna play an AWESOME game like vice city... why not consider buying it?
it'd be worth it if it's really really REALLY fun~

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a moron..

You're posting at a tech support forum when your warez don't work? I'm not sure, but I have a feeling posting about your illegal software issues is frowned upon. Not to mention that if you're too stupid or too noobish to figure it out, maybe you shouldn't be downloading games in the first place.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Queso, this forum is here to help people. You come here and call someone a moron for downloading a program- that's really not helping anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
downloading software especiallly from places like Kazaa often results in contracting a virus, or getting a completely different program then what you wanted. More often then not, the download is non-working and just a waste of time. The best thing is to buy the game and avoid all the problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GTA Vice City

I bought the game the other day but in order to save wear and tear on the disc and my CD Rom I use Clone CD from an image on my hard disk

I do this with most games because it makes them faster but with Vice City it just doesn't want to run from the cloned image. I must have my original CD in the CD Rom.

it's a nuisance when jumping in and out of cars with radion stations. the disc has to spin up and the game freezes waiting for the disc.

any ideas why it wont run from the Cloned image???

I run Win XP Pro

thanks
David

·
Registered
2 Posts
presumably then there is no way round this?

GTA III plays so much better with the Cloned image. Much smoother and with various other games, levels load infinitely quicker.

no way round it then?

cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Daemon tools

have you tried running the program on a virtual drive?
Daemon tools will do that, and disable and protection the cd has as well.
its a free download. They will also have support on the site with any issues you might be having with that particular title.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php

j.:bandit:

·
Registered
266 Posts
NiTrOuSoXiDe,
Your problem is not that the game doesn't work,
your problem is that you don't know how to extract the files.
I recommend using either WinZip or WinRar to decompress the files,
but you will need to educate yourself on how to do it. Read the help files,
search online, etc.

darich,
there's a crack that allows you to play without inserting the CD,
search online for it, it won't be hard to find.

:D giveusatank :D
good luck all,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.