What do you mean? You can always install Win98 over XP, but you'll have a lot of stray files, and depending on whether you installed on an NTFS file system or a FAT32 you may have to format. Do you have any irreplacable files on XP (probably not since you couldn't get your games to work, I'm guessing its a pretty new install)
but it is like saying is there any way to go back to the horse and buggy insted of the car....y would you...dash are the problems that bad....???
1. Do you have a LEGIT copy of XP???
2. Microsoft provides 1 (think more but definitly 1) free tech support call with all legitmate problems
3. Go into help and support and poke around there...you would be suprised what you find.
4. The problems arent that bad...when XP runs it is an AWSOME, stable and efficant OS...that will greatly improve your computer eXPerince (been accused of being brainwashed by M$)
5. Check out the newsgroups under Support under www.microsoft.com...enginers troll thoes sites and use info from them to develop the product.
6. If the problem is virus related check under the M$ site for security... I belive the toll free support line is 1-866-pcsaftey - check here either way http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.asp
in closing dont give up...youll be glad you stuck with it :bandit:
I knew what you meant, but what I was getting at was instead of trying to talk him out of his frustration, you should give a shot to solving the problem causing it Yes, I am typing kinda fast today Oh well... I guess it's the new Mod super powers...LOL j/k
well peeps its not xp and its not direct x can you guess..................no well i will tell you its my bloody graphics card would you believe. i had this geforce 2 given to me no drivers disk with it so i downloaded the latest driver from nvidia and the bloody thing keeps crashing my gamesat the moment i dont know why its doing it i dont think its goosed but there is a problem with it if anybody as any ideas let me know i know its a long shot with the info i have given but bear with me as i dont have a clue what im doin lol
btw i hate microsoft with a vengence let alone windows xp lets all kiddnap bill gates and strap dynamite to his ********* and lite a short fuse lol
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!