Yes....format and start all over...
Keep your info NO...98 doesnt know XP exsists!!
but it is like saying is there any way to go back to the horse and buggy insted of the car....y would you...dash are the problems that bad....???
1. Do you have a LEGIT copy of XP???
2. Microsoft provides 1 (think more but definitly 1) free tech support call with all legitmate problems
3. Go into help and support and poke around there...you would be suprised what you find.
4. The problems arent that bad...when XP runs it is an AWSOME, stable and efficant OS...that will greatly improve your computer eXPerince (been accused of being brainwashed by M$)
5. Check out the newsgroups under Support under www.microsoft.com...enginers
troll thoes sites and use info from them to develop the product.
6. If the problem is virus related check under the M$ site for security... I belive the toll free support line is 1-866-pcsaftey - check here either way http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.asp
in closing dont give up...youll be glad you stuck with it :bandit:
Val... you post quick:tongue2: