Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to clear the memory from Google? When you type in the letters in the search box, searches from months and months ago auto-complete. I have cleared the cache but this auto-complete doesn't seem to disappear. Can it? I don't want this auto-complete to continue to come up all the time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It may be search 'Suggestions' that you are seeing. Right-click on the Search Box and untick 'Search Suggestions'. See how it goes then.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Same as above but choose "Clear Search History" and it'll delete all you've typed in search.
If you don't want it to show you any suggestions, then right-click in the search box and untick "Show Suggestions".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, I think there may be a different problem here. When you cleared your cache, did you check the setting before doing it to make sure "Saved Form Information" was checked off? Doing that should have ensured a deletion of that. If not, then what the other guys are telling you should be it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solved the problem- thanks

Thanks to all. I never found the Suggestions tab. Where is it?

I have always clicked Clear Search history but that never solved it. Norskvind had it- I didn't know what those options meant. I removed the saved form info, tested it and noticed that it doesn't take me back to previously typed entries. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.