Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all, hope you all well,
at long last i have given billy boy my middle finger and started using an OS that does what it says on the tin! ubuntu 6.10 is brilliant and free with great support.
although i do have one problem i hope someone can help me with...........
i have a lexmark x2450 all in one and unbuntu doesn't have the driver for it and no close model match, does anyone know how to help as i a newbie to linux and my kids not happy with me cos they can't print their homework!!!!!
many thanks for your help in advance,
hanxsolo

·
Mentally divergent
1,341 Posts
Hi, han -
Have you googled around a bit to see if anyone else has asked about the same mfp?
I've heard that Lexmark compatibility is spotty.

I don't know how your financial situation is right now, right after Christmas and all, but your best bet may be to find a generic HP mfp and try it out. HP is generally given credit for working hardest to build compatible printers.

Vote with your money!

If you can scrounge up a one or two year old HP mfp you'll almost certainly have better results than with Lexmark.

Notice that scanning is done with XSane, a different program. That takes a little getting used to. Does XSane recognize the Lexmark scanner?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
3,152 Posts
Unfortunately, like Bartender said, Lexmark linux compatibility is for the most part very poor.
Here is a list of support and unsupported Lexmark printers. Although your particular model is not listed, all the x2*** series are "paperweight".
See Here for a list of suggested Free Software printers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.