Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off all, forgive me if i post this thread inthe wrong folder.

before i got my cable broadband connection back in nov. 1999, i was using i think freeweb as my dial-up isp. it was fast and i can surf the web pretty fast. i also tried netzero back then and it was alright.

as the title of my thread, i want to know what is a good, free dial-up ISP?? the reason im asking is because my friend just bought a new computer and he plans to use dial-up for right now. he doenst have alot of money so he cant afford broadband at the moment, though he is saving up for it.

he asked me if i know a good freel dial-up isp but i dont since i havent used dial-up in such a long time. oh well, for those of you who know, please shed some light. thanks!!!

keymaker

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Johnwill mention this in another post

PGH Connect

The free plan has a $9.95 sign up with free minutes during certian times, then $ 0.01 per minute over the free window.

If I did the math correctly, you could run 25 hours over your free window for $15, which is what most dial up ISP's charge these days!

They also have the Economy plan for $6.95 per month for 30 hours of usage.

JamesO

·
Registered
79 Posts
www.peoplepc.com
Take a look and see what you think. I would choose that over a "freebie", but I can't go back to any dialup after Comcast has twice boosted speed for their service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.