Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about Reformating my PC. I have alot of Crap on it that I can't get rid of like all the apps that came bundled. The thing is When i got my PC (sony Vaio) It didn't come with the Windows XP disc. So if i reformat i'll loose XP... right? Is there a "safe" way to reformat so i can avoiding loosing XP?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A lot of the crap that you want to get rid of is probably part of XP (eg the registry), so you really should do a clean install. If you can't, just delete all folders except the XP folder. Or try to get a disk from wherever you got your computer. If you got a restore disk, it may be on there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a bunch of appilcation recovery CDs and some system recoverys. Are these it? by the way while trying to run a program i got the following Error : System Error &H80007007E (-2147024770). What does it mean?

G

·
Did you buy the computer new or used?

If you bought this system new with XP installed then it should be on the recovery disks.

G

·
If you want to bring it to like new condition read the manual on how to restore your system.

Just to be on the safe side I would call whomever you purchased it from to verify that you have XP on those restore disks.......:D

What model do you have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took a chance and rebooted my Pc with the Recoverys in it. Restored the C drive to new. Good thing i moved everything to my D drive.:winkgrin: Thanx for all ur help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.