Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
recently formatted hard drive and after installing the drivers for the video card i have been getting an infinite loop error. i have updated to the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site but to no avail, only fix i have is to turn off graphics acceleration... but i cannot play any games now :sayno:

i have had the computer about a year now and formatted numerous times, i have never had problems with this before and i am wondering is it my card, drivers or something changed in windows thats making the card have an infinite loop and crash my system? :4-dontkno

using windows update site there is a GeForce update listed under drivers but it makes my problem return... i am not sure what to do but it makes me frustrated as i cannot play any games anymore... they need 3D graphics to run.

if anyone can help me out i would be most appreciative, thanks

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
When you reformatted, did you install the chipset drivers off the motherboard CD?
Try dropping the AGP speed from x8 to x4 in the BIOS.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
d/l the latest driver from nvidia
in the device manager uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8,and choose vga mode
when windows finishes booting and reinstalling the card
disable a/virus
install the driver you just d/l
reboot the computer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive found another could be solution to this problem. I believe it is the Plug and Play function that pops up after youve installed the new/old card drivers. Plug and Play drivers seems to conflict with the graphics card drivers. After installing the new drivers, the plug and play message will pop up. Just choose to cancel. Restart so the card drivers can take effect. If it asks for plug and play installation again, just say cancel again. After that it should work perfectly.......at least it did for me. Try that out and see how it goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah but that method doesnt work for all ppl. For i have already done what you stated before i read all of what you said. And for me, I overread the VGA option but i do not have any viruses. My solution were for those who still have this problem because I know lots of people still do. Drawback of what I stated is that after you've had the cpu off for a while and turn it back on, you would have to restart again because the monitor may not register. If you had it on for quite a bit and you just do a restart, you would only get 2 plug in play popups (for each restart up). After that, you won't get them until maybe after you have had it off for quite a while. But this way, no freezes during computing occur anymore. But the next time I log on to my cpu when it has been sitting a while, I will try out the VGA thing to see how it works for me.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
that is the correct method,if it is followed correctly it eliminates problems with more than one set of drivers being installed which can clash with one another

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.