Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up a Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro with a AMD Barton 3000+ Athlon XP 400FSB. The problem is that if I change the FSB frequency to anything but 100Mhz in CMOS then I get 5 beeps (CPU error I think) and no video or bootup. I can’t even get back into CMOS, I have to clear CMOS to be able to get into CMOS again.

So here’s what I’ve done. On the Mobo, set the SYSTEM JUMPER (CLK_SW) to ON which the manual says supports FSB400/333/266 MhzCPU. Off would be fixed at 200Mhz.

In CMOS I have:
- set system performance to OPTIMAL-most stable settings (from manual)
-Tried setting FSB to 100, 133, 166, and 200 MHZ. Anything but 100 kills bootup!
-Memory Frequency, tried setting “by SPD” and “AUTO”, neither worked
-AGP frequency AUTO

What am I doing wrong?

MB SPECS: 7n400PRO supports 400/333/266/200 FSB, Nforce2 Ultra400/MCP-T, DDR dual channel, 8XAGP, ATX form factor.

When set to 100Mhz FSB, bootup screen says AMD chip is running at 1050 Mhz.

I also purchased a 400W power supply, Volcano CPU fan, 2x512 Corsair Dual Channel 3200C2PT DIMMS, Ati Radeon 9600 PRO 128 4/8x AGP, 80gig SATA Maxtor HD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
clarify

I just wanted to clarify that if I don't change any of the CMOS settings, I can boot just fine and get back into CMOS a second time. Heck I CAN make changes to boot order and such so long as I stay away from FSB frequency. But even if THE ONLY change made is the FSB frequency to higher than 100Mhz, no workie. Even if it's the ONLY thing I change.

Also, there is no OS loaded on this system yet. Just been trying to set up CMOS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.