Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is my first time posting here, so Hi.
First things first, I am in the process of upgrading my computer by replacing just about all the parts. I bought a Gigabyte k8ns pro MB, a AMD athlon 3400 processor, I'm reusing a Ati Radeon 9250 128 mb 8x agp video card. When I turn on the powersupply the 2x agp led lights up and the MB won't powerup. I also tried a Diamond Viper 4X card out of my old system, same problem. I took it to a shop and they tried it with my cards and some of their own. It worked with their cards but not mine. The guy told me since my card was in an older system it might have set the speed of the card lower to the 2x-4x mode. So now when I plug it into a MB that does not support 2x speeds it won't work.
Is there anyway to reset the speed on the video card so that I can use it in my MB or is it a lost cause?
Or is it a different problem that I'm missing?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Have you tried looking in the bios to see if there are settings you can modify in there / like set the agp to 4x / sometimes they auto set to 8x and that wont fly / or change the arprature size to 64mg instead of the higher options ?????

let us know how you progress

regards / joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, well, because the 2x led light comes on with the video card in. I can't turn the computer on at all. Therefore I can't access anything in the bios. unfortunatly I don't have a PCI video card or a agp card that hasn't been installed on my older system. Both the Viper 4x card and the ATI 8x card were installed on my previous system and won't work on my current MB. Hmmmmmm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.