Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flashed Gigabyte GA-6BXC motherboard with bios for GA-6BXE. Now computer won't boot, it turns on but won't display any video. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to recover from this and load the original bios without sending it in to be reprogrammed?

G

·
Welcome to the forums bizarreone............:D

Unplug the machine and clear the CMOS according to your manual.

It may say clear CLRTC or something of that nature, And see if it will boot after that...................:winkgrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
SAME HAPPENED TO ME...

...and while I have XP, too, I also didn't have my monitor boot up once I d/l'ed the incorrect BIOS.

Now, there's just a beeping sound on my GA-6BXC. The fan works but when I reset the CMOS, the reset on the jumper TO reset boots up to that same beep.

BUT when the pin is placed back on NORMAL, nothing boots up at all.

PLEASE, help.:confused:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Time to order a new BIOS chip... :(
If the CMOS reset (remove the battery after doing this, then put it back in) doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is a "blind flash." When you attempt to boot up the floppy with the correct BIOS and BIOS flash program, will it act like it's reading it and seem to boot it up? If so, type in the commands to flash the BIOS even though you can't see what you're typing. I doubt that the system would boot the floppy, however...
Time to order a new BIOS chip... :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Ignorance = Your Kudos x 1 million "Thank You"s.

Myopia, I am so ****ed grateful for your response pertaining to the issue which has now made me an enraged idiot who once owned his own computer business... CAN'T YOU TELL?? Oh, my GAWD. To top it off, I'm assuming what your stating about a New Bios Chip is this:

*The Bios Chip has the bios already stored inside it but...
**...from downloading the updated (jacked-up, I mean) bios I INSTALLED over the older Bios version ALSO (or solely) erased that "backup" of the Bios on the Bios Chip, yeah?

I'm very ignorant to BIOS/CMOS/PNP/WAKE ON LAN, ETC... those configurations and I'm confident your answer is absolutely correct.

The timeliness, the clarity and the APPRECIATION FROM ME is felt while typing all this chaos.

Thank you so much.

-Miguel A. N.
GrowingUpAT33
[email protected]
45222723 icq
[email protected]:sealy: :winking:

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Folks reading this thread should think about the other thread where everyone is encouraging someone to upgrade a BIOS when there's no apparent reason to do so. This is just one of the things that can go wrong... :rolleyes:

As far as solving this problem, I'd contact Gigabyte and see if they have a suggestion for recovery.

G

·
This forum is in need of some serious moderation! People are just posting Willy Nilly where ever they feel like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: SAME HAPPENED TO ME...

:mad: Yes same thing happened to me too today :( !

I flashed my GA-686BXC with a wrong BIOS update file. Strangely nothing was alarming when the Update ended. But then the computer doesn't shut off in a normal way.. until I forced the power off. Then I attempted to reboot with another BIOS file ( probably more suitable one ) but the computer refused to boot.

How can I recover or reboot the system to do a re-flash ? Also I don't have any OS yet installed on my system because the old BIOS is not allowing any installation to proceed.. which actually prompted me to update the BIOS.

Anyone has any Idea about some Jumper settings on the mother board that might help if they are changed or re-set ?

thank you !

·
Banned
450 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.