Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm currently setting up a new PC with the GigaByte 8KNXP (the "normal" edition) and seem to have some issues with it:

I use two 512MB DDR400 memory modules and a 2.66c, FSB800 CPU, hyperthreading is enabled. The memory modules are in the correct sockets (1&4) to work with dual channel.

I installed WinXP Prof. as Dual CPU machine and it seems to run stable.

HOWEVER: The Board doesn't give me any indication at startup that the memory uses dual channel nor that hyperthreading is activated (at least this should happen accoring to the manual)...

Can anybody tell me if this is normal behavior for this board or if I may have a defective motherboard at hand?

The GigaByte support drives me nuts at the moment with their rather "competent" answers to this... :upset:

Would appreciate any input you could provide!

Thanks
DocDVD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back to my original Q..

Hm, back to my original Question:

Can anybody who owns this board just tell me if I'm supposed to get a message during startup that

a) Hyperthreading is enabled
and
b) the memory is running und dual channel mode

I'm using BIOS Version F5 at the moment.

thx
DocDVD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine shows "Memory Runs At Dual Channel" on the initial boot screen. If hyper threading is indeed inabled on yours, you'll see 2 CPUs listed in the Device Manager.

Write back soon...

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8KNXP

Thanks James!! :D

As XP shows me two CPUs in the Task Manager overview I think I can assume that at least that part is working.

Now the only thing I have to find out is why the memory won't run in dual channel.... (as I don't get any message)

Identical modules (infineon brand) in the correct slots... straaaange. :confused:

Hopefully I get my new TFT today so that I can continue testing..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.