Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a problem with my Gigabyte 8KNXP motherboard (Rev 2.0), and I just go it shipped back via RMA. :sayno:

I tried emailing Gigabyte, and I'm currently waiting for a response.

I have 2 SATA Raid-0 drives running XP that are the primary drives, and one backup 200gb Western Digital drive via IDE. Before I sent it out, I used to plug the backup drive into the GigaRAID IDE ports.

When I got it back and plugged it in, it seems like it tries to recognize the backup drive as the primary, and gives me a boot error. I changed the priority for the Sil_SATA drives to be the primary with no luck.

My next effort was to plug it into the on-board IDE port, and it ended up not being recognized by XP. It showed up as a 'Dynamic' drive under computer management, and was offline. It offered to change it to a 'Basic' drive, but I would've ended up deleting the files on it (I assume?)

Does anyone know how I can get my data back on? The same setup worked before, so does anyone know of a solution?

-Thanks in advance.
twooh

·
Registered
31 Posts
Make sure the onboard ide ports are enabled in bios. That just may be it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are. The drive works in windows on the onboard IDE, but it gets recognized as a 'dynamic' drive, and is offline. I can't bring it back online in computer management.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.